Nashville, TN (February 16, 2021)
WaterBrook has announced that the bestselling Wingfeather Saga Series—which has over a quarter million avid fans—is receiving an addition to its collectible set with the March 23 release of Wingfeather Tales: Seven Thrilling Stories from the World of Aerwiar. These tales, penned by six all-star authors and edited by the bestselling Wingfeather creator Andrew Peterson, invite readers to return to the fantastic lands, quirky characters, and perilous adventures they have come to love and long for.
“If you’re asking if there will be more stories in Aerwiar, then the book you hold in your hands is the answer.” —Andrew Peterson
With his easy, conversational tone paired with his inspiring depth of insight from years of songwriting and authoring books for both children and adults, Peterson offers a unique and valuable perspective on the themes of creativity, storytelling, and imagination.
Immerse yourself in a land of bomnubbles and quarreling cousins, sea dragons and book publishers, thieves and Fangs and secret maps. Here within these pages lie seven stories of the distant past, lost adventures, forgotten songs, and heartbreaking histories. The Shining Isle is restored, but Aerwiar is vast—and these authors have tales yet to tell:
• Explore the inner walls of Yorsha Doon, just West of the Woes of Shreve, on the edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness, from the eyes of young Safiki in “The Prince of Yorsha Doon” from the creator of Aewiar, Andrew Peterson.
• Jennifer Trafton’s warm and whimsical writing brings to life a publishing nightmare populated by the many beasts of Skree in “The Wooing of Sophelia Stupe.”
• Learn the origins of Ollister Pebmrick’s mysterious entry in the Creaturepedia about his encounter with a raggant in “Willow Worlds” by N. D. Wilson.
• Travel with young Podo Helmer on an epic hunt for sea dragons in “From the Deeps of the Dragon King” from A. S. Peterson.
• Jonathan Rogers presents “The Ballard of Lanric and Rube,” sung by Armulyn the Bard, tale-spinner of the imaginary Shining Isle of Anniera, in On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness.
• Discover what life was like for Maraly and Gammon in post-war Skree in “Shadowblade and the Florid Sword”—the first-ever Wingfeather comic—by Andrew Peterson.
• Douglas McKelvey’s epic, heartbreakingly hopeful novella “The Places Beyond the Maps” recounts a father’s journey to redemption.
Buy Wingfeather Tales from the FF Store HERE!
Buy Wingfeather Tales from Amazon HERE!